Latinoamérica. Revista de Estudios Latinoamericanos is a biannual publication oriented to diffuse works of original investigation with the perspective of some matter for the whole Latin American region, comparative studies between two or more cases or the analysis of a specific situation.
The originals submitted to be considered for publication in our magazine will show up printed in double line spacing
and in diskette (in any MSWord version).
The articles will be unpublished and fulfilling the following conditions:
1. Written in Spanish, Portuguese, English or French.
2. Extension between 20 and 30 sheets (1 625 characters for page, 25 lines, 65 characters for line including spaces).
3. The summary of the article, including the title, not bigger than 100 words and a brief list of key words of amaximum of six, both in Spanish and English.
4. The author's institution, address, telephone and electronic mail.
5. The bibliographical references of monographs or books will include the following elements in the following order:
author, title and subtitle (in cursive), translator, annotator, prologue author, etc., number of volumes, edition (if not
the first), city, editorial, year of edition, number of pages, illustrations, maps, diagrams, etc., collection. All these
elements will go separated by comma.
6. The articles of specialized magazines will be registered in the following way: author, title of the article (among
quotation marks) followed by the preposition “in”, title of the publication (in cursive), time, volume, volume (vol.)
or year, number (núm.), edition place, publication date, pages where is the article. All these elements will go
separated by comma.
7. The file documents will be consigned this way: character or denomination of the document, author and
addressee, origin and destination, dates, file, field, cluster, volume or box.All these elements will go separated
8. The thesis registration will be carried out in the following way: author, title and subtitle (in cursive), place, year,
number of pages, between parenthesis indication of the grade for which is opted, the Faculty and the University
where is presented. All these elements will go separated by comma.
9. The bibliographical records in notes of page foot will go complete in the first quotation, and from second,
indicating of abbreviated way author, title and pages or in their case:
-op.cit. after the author's last name when the book has already been mentioned.
- ibid. to indicate that the book has been mentioned in the precedent note.